May

BMFcast79 – Spacula

By

At least they finished the cover.

Dracula 3000 (2004) a movie 996 years ahead of its time. This episode we are minus a BJ and plus a Zark and Tobias to fill the shoes. The Coolio principle is still in full effect here.

Second half it’s voicemail mania and we talk Thor.

Comments

1. whostommy says:

Great episode! Great first half and some awesome voice mails. Intro wasn’t quite the same without BJ though.

2. Maki Maki says:

Gotta admit, we were a little lost on where to get started recording without BJ working on intro stingers…

3. MUSIM says:

Man I didn’t realize I missed two while on vacation! I must have started early. Time to catch up.

“Aye, I’m a computer! Stop with all the downloadin’!” – GI Joe after school special parody

Yeah this is one of those movies that you guys talk about being absolutely terrible yet your play by play makes me want to see it.

Also, where’s this picture?

I actually liked Thor better than Iron Man 2. I mean Iron Man 2 had a lot of cool scenes in it but I felt like Thor was more solid as an overall movie with a story progression. I was really indifferent to Incredible Hulk though. Although in recommending it to people I probably would take the approach you did Harlo as I don’t think the average person will enjoy all that much.

Yeah Suzy and I watched Salt too. I think I played PSP through most of it. It was just kind of inexplicably boring to me. Funny story, I typed the PSP sentence before Harlo commented on doing other stuff while watching it.

4. Maki Maki says:

The reaction to this episode seems to be the same… We make this movie sound so much better than it is. Like I’ve said before, get some like-minded individuals if you do watch it. If not, well, you’ve been warned.

The picture, along with quite a few others regarding Curt The Rock, will be posted soon. There is a lot more, you’ll hear about it in episode 81.

That is awesome about Salt and your PSP! Every time I think about that movie I like it less. Maybe I should have played my PSP while watching it too…

5. Boom Boom says:

I haven’t seen the movie but I assume the guy tying himself to the chair is probably a reference to the Dracula book where the captain of the demeter ties himself to the wheel.

6. Maki Maki says:

Thanks, Boom Boom! That makes total sense now, considering we are all illiterate and never read and wouldn’t get that reference (or the name of the ship.) Yeah, maybe we should actually do some research before these episodes. But then again, what would be the charm in that?

Also, does the book end with dismemberment and the ship suddenly exploding? Because that would be kind of awesome.