Apr

BMFcast76 – Piscopo’d

By

He was one week past retirement!

Dead Heat (1988) is reviewed this week. As it was presented to us: “Treat Williams, Joe Piscopo & Vincent Price. Zombie buddy cops!” We had to watch it obviously.

Then we talk Hobo with a Shotgun and Your Highness. Then we speculate on the future projects of Duncan Jones and get objective and talk Atlas Shrugged: Part I. Plus, listener voicemail!

Comments

1. Chuck says:

Awesome ep!

I remember the trailer for Dead Heat was on one of the trailer loops we’d play in my video store, so I’d always felt like I’d seen it and never gave it a second thought. But now I must sit down and watch it. And love it.

And I’ve changed the tag line of my site thanks to you guys.

2. Chuck says:

Also, if this doesn’t inspire you to seek out Sidekicks and feel it’s Piscopo goodness all over you…

3. Maki Maki says:

That is one smarmy jerkface right there, Chuck.

4. MusiM says:

And yet the Terror Vision / Stay Tuned talk reminds me of Mom and Dad Save the World or Brainscan. Love Mom and Dad Saves the World. Or at least I think I do, haven’t seen it in years.

Totally agree completely with you guys on the X-Men movies. I haven’t seen enough of Duncan Jones to really judge. I didn’t even realize Source code was one of his until this episode. Honestly I’m a bit heart broken Aronofsky skipped town on The Wolverine. Whether he followed the comic or not, I think he really would have moved comic book movies to the next step.

Whoa, did you guys just mention Boortz? Next thing you know you’re going to tell me Global Warming is a theory and the government’s bad. Like how I did that without actually telling you my political affiliation?

5. The Beej The Beej says:

It was me that mentioned Boortz. I was listening to Randy, Josh, and the Queef in the mornings, but since they went off the air I switched over to Boortz.

6. Curt says:

I remember Joe Piscopo from his SNL years. He was pretty funny–had some good characters and a good rapport with Eddie Murphy, it seemed. It wasn’t until he left and began ‘roiding up that he got obnoxious and unfunny. At least that’s what it seemd like to me. I was 10 at the time, so factor that in as well…

7. I wholeheartedly second the TerrorVison recommendation. That movie gets better with multiple viewings.